DEVELOP REEL MOVIES ONLINE…
I ASK YOU TO IMAGINE A SYSTEM WHEREBY A DIGITAL COPY IS MADE OF THE MOVIE YOU ARE SHOOTING: SIMULTANEOUSLY. THE SHOOT MAYBE POSTED DAILY ONLINE, FROM A NUMBER OF LOCATIONS, THE SCRIPT DEVELOPED… EVEN A WEB VERSION CREATED, BEFORE A REEL HAS BEEN PROCESSED.
CINEMA VERITE’ 08
This sounds very interesting in theory, so how does one go about this in practice? It is clear that an A-Minima is an ideal but VERY EXPENSIVE solution. If one can believe all the hype regarding the RED cameras, the may make a ‘break even’ solution. The A-Cam is an afordable solution that may be easilly modified, but how does one prove the system at a ‘grass roots’ level?
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2008
- While the long term strategy allows for the cohesive use of a number of ‘higher end’ cameras that HARMONISE the mix of digital media and real film, with grass roots technology. It is important to maintain PUBLIC access… a SEMI-PRO PORTAL.
- It is proposed that DV1 and above be the minimum definition in Mov & AVI formats with conventional compression, not ADVHC.
- Sound should be at least Cd quality 48khz STEREO, if a CAMCORDER such as the CANON HV20 or above is used, external microphones and recorders should also be used.
- Conventional MOVIE SOUND PRACTICE should be followed, so uploaded sound bites are AMBIENT, DIALOG, F/X or SCORE. CLIPS should include no more than one type of attachment.
- It may be seen then we may begin on the PRE REQUISITE Dolby 5.1 sound track Immediately…
So far as the video image is concerned; a new approach is necessary to make an ACL video feed of the quality desired. The use of a ‘sidefinder’ has been proposed by lesbosher, this would solve the problem of flicker in the ACL and if one uses a 17-68 ANGENEUX, then the system will be capable of HIGH DEFINITION / SUPER16 imagery.
Look at the new exploratory arrangement… with the EXPENSE of ‘reworking’ the finder to provide accurate coupling etc, the only choice is the Canon HV20. As the ZR40 arrangement evolves into a PRECISION CANON HV20 instalation; I will add a TECH FORUM so other possible Camcorder / camera combinations may also be discussed..
POSTED BY LIONHEART_PRODUCTIONS AT 4:28 PMNO COMMENTS: Older PostsHomeSubscribe to: Posts (Atom)
THE STORY SO FAR…
- ▼ 2008 (2)
- ► 2007 (2)
OUR EBAY IDENTITY
… WHO ARE WE ?
… we are one of the new wave of Film Production houses establishing in VANCOUVER British Columbia. We are actively involved with EDUCATION and are shortly releasing a MATRIX SPOOF created with local First Nations children. We are developing a Virtual Film Production Company with a pilot for a feature, GHOSTS, in production. We also have considerable expertise in the field of NEW PRODUCT DESIGN.
EVEN THE HI END PANASONIC CAMCORDER DO NOT HAVE A MIC INPUT, ONLY CANON CAMCORDERS DO NOT ‘CHEAT’ THE USER OUT OF THE ABILITY TO RECORD CD QUALITY 48K STEREO SOUND. SONY HAS A HOT SHOE WHICH IS OF LITTLE PRACTICAL USE, PITY BECAUSE OF THE ZERO LUX AND ITS HISTORY WITH THE THE BRILLIANT V5000 HI 8 THAT I STILL USE FOR SOUND OCCASIONALLY.
ALL BUT THE CANON MINIDV USES AN ABSCURE FILE FORMAT THAT IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH MODERN EDITORS: ADVHC… SONY AGAIN! NOW THE BRILLIANT CANON HV20 IS AVAILABLE, WITH ALL THE WHISLES AND BELLS AND HD TO BOOT…